March 18, 2014

Welcome!

Welcome to my art process blog! This will be a relatively informal dumping grounds for my artistic endeavors, including but not limited to realtime shader work in UDK, 3D modeling in Maya and Z-Brush, Visual Effects, Kismet programming, Some work in Illustrator and Photoshop, and pencil sketches. I will also use this to provide tutorials for users of UDK and write essays about contemporary topics related to video games.

Please allow me to introduce myself: my name is Michael Fahel. I live in a small city called North Port, Florida (pretty far away from the bigger game companies, I know). I previously attended Ringling College of Art and Design for 2, 1/2 years majoring in Game Art and Design. My specialty (if it could be called one) is creating shaders using UDK's material editor. I believe most of what people consider to be "good graphics" comes from the use of high-quality surfacing and per-pixel lighting. When I'm not playing or making games, I love walking, bicycling, swimming, writing fiction and expository essays, and I have a lot of fun making art in a variety of mediums.

If you wish to contact me for work, please send me an email at michaelf66@hotmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment